For general information, please visit the Lifespan Graduate Medical Education page.
Salaries for 2022-2023 are below. These increase by a small percentage annually.
PGY1 - $64,812.16
PGY2 - $65,405.94
PGY3 - $69,917.99
PGY4 - $72,852,76
PGY5 - $75,345.77
Family and Medical Leave Policy
- Lead: All residents are provided with custom fitted personal radiation protection including lead aprons or vests/skirts combinations and leaded glasses at no cost.
- Books: AAOS comprehensive review, AAOS questions, OKU, Skeletal Trauma, Handbook of Fractures, amongst others.
- iPads: A brand new iPad Mini is provided to all incoming interns. The hospital electronic medical records are easily accessible from both iPads and smartphones
- Gym membership: All residents are offered athletic memberships to either the Brown University Gym or the YMCA with multiple convenient branches, including one at Rhode Island Hospital
- Meals on Call: Residents are provided a monthly stipend for food at the hospital. The Department also provides funds for food while on call.
- Orthopedic Call Rooms: There are dedicated Senior and Junior Orthopaedic Call Rooms available to on-call residents at all times and are equipped with beds, bathrooms, showers, and up-to-date computers.
- Brown Facilities: Physicians training in Brown-affiliated residency and fellowship programs are issued a Brown University Identification faculty/staff card and have access to all of the facilities at Brown University and The Warren Alpert School of Medicine. The card also provides free rides on all public buses in Rhode Island.
- Parking: Parking for residents is free and directly adjacent to the hospitals at all sites.